Motion Recruitment Partners
Consolidated Privacy Statement for MRP Websites
Motion Recruitment Partners LLC Privacy Statement
Effective Date: April 12, 2023
Motion Recruitment Partners LLC and its group companies ( “Sevenstep”, , “Motion Consulting Group.” and “Matrix Resources, LLC ”, “Motion Recruitment ” , collectively, “Motion Recruitment Partners”, or “MRP”, “we”, “us” and “our”) provide this Privacy Statement. . If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us using the contact details provided below.
1. When this Privacy Statement applies
This Privacy Statement applies whenever we collect personal information from visitors to the websites on which it is posted. It also applies to any other interaction we may have with you where this Privacy Statement is posted or provided, such as collecting your information in connection with a recruiting event, or for information collected from recruiting emails sent to you. Some of our website(s) and services may have their own, separate privacy policies and, where that is the case, those privacy policies will apply instead of this one.
2. Collection of Personal Information
Motion Recruitment Partners generally collects and maintains personal information from the following categories of individuals:
- Website Visitors: individuals (like you) who visit our website(s);
- Job Candidates: individuals (like you) who use our website to search for or apply for jobs posted on our site, who provide their information to us to be matched with job postings, or whose information is provided to us by others;
- Customer and supplier contacts: individuals employed by our customers or vendors with whom we have a business relationship.
The types of personal information we collect generally include the following:
- Candidate and job application information: If you search for a position, submit your resume for inclusion in one of our candidate databases, or apply for a position posted on our site, we collect the information you provide in connection with these activities. This generally includes:
- Contact information, including name, address, email, and phone number;
- Account information, such as your login credentials, when you create an account in connection with our job board(s);
- Information collected from any searches for jobs or positions you enter while on our site;
- Resume(s) or CV(s) and information contained therein, such as work history, educational background, and any other information contained in your resume(s) or CV(s);
- Professional information relevant to your candidacy, such as certifications, relevant prior trainings or courses, language capabilities, your area(s) or position(s) of interest, compensation-related information such as current compensation and compensation expectations, first possible start date, the fact that you might be subject to a non-compete, applicable termination/notice periods, restrictive covenant or any other agreement that might affect your ability to accept a position, references, letters of recommendation, interview notes, the source you heard about the job vacancy, and availabilities to schedule an in person interview; and the results of application-related assessments;
- Although the following may not be part of your application, we may collect: government-issued identifiers; military and/or veteran status; certain demographic information such as as gender; your right to work in the United States or your selected location, any limitations on your right to work associated with your employment sponsorship, if applicable, and (to the extent permitted by law) the result of any background checks or other pre-employment screenings or assessments.
- Information voluntarily provided to us: MRP collects other personal information that is voluntarily provided by individuals. For example, you may provide us with your contact information when submitting an inquiry to us, when accessing materials available on our site, when learning more about our services, or otherwise when using our site. Additionally, if your organization uses our services, we will receive your contact information and login credentials.
- Information we collect automatically: We automatically collect certain technical information when you use our website(s), such as the Internet protocol (IP) address of devices, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platforms, and information reflecting activity taken on our sites. (such as pages visited, downloads, errors experienced, and length of visits to certain pages).
- Information collected by cookies and similar technologies: MRP may use “cookies” and similar technologies on our sites. These technologies may collect the same information as outlined above in the point titled “Information we collect automatically,” and may associate such information with identifiers. For more information, see “Cookie Notice” section below.
- Information individuals make publicly available. MRP may obtain non-confidential information about potential candidates from websites operated by third parties where potential candidates voluntarily make their information (such as a resume) available.
In general, we collect personal information from the following sources: (a) individuals with whom we or our service providers of business partners interact; (b) the devices used to access our site; (c) emails, phone calls, text messages, or other communications between you and us; and (d) third party partners such as partners who provide information about potential candidates to us.
3. Use of Personal Information – Our Purposes and Legal Bases
Personal information MRP collects will be used as described in this Privacy Statement. For the most part, we collect personal information to operate effectively, to comply with applicable laws and government regulations (e.g., employment, tax, insurance), and to provide you with access to our website(s) and the functionalities they offer. More specifically, some of the ways we may use your personal information include, but are not limited to:
- Operating, administering, managing, and developing our business and services, including managing our relationships with customers and suppliers; providing services to clients; providing workers to customers, facilitating recruiting by our customers, facilitating candidacies by candidates, and performing general business functions such as maintaining internal business records, maintaining IT applications, reporting, procurement, accounting, general administration, and other operational functions. The legal basis for this processing is generally our performance of a contract, our compliance with law, or our legitimate business interests, as applicable.
- Providing our websites to you and others, including the content and materials contained on our sites, and our job-search and application functionalities. The legal basis for this processing is generally our performance of a contract with you or our legitimate business interests, as applicable.
- Responding to inquiries or other communications we receive from you, our clients, or our vendors. The legal bases for this processing are your consent, our performance of a contract with you, and/or our legitimate business interests, as applicable.
- Facilitating the job search process for MRP entities and for our customers, including recruiting and selecting candidates for MRP’s internal positions; helping to find suitable job matches for candidates and for our customers; storing information about your recruitment or other preferences so we can continue to provide you with services. The legal basis for this processing is generally our performance of a contract with you, as well as our legitimate business interests.
- Conducting analytics, evaluating, and improving our services, our technologies, and our business; developing new technologies, products, and services; learning about our users, candidates, and customers; conducting research; learning about trends in job markets, recruiting, or other fields in which we operate; evaluating user engagement with our site and services; and facilitating the functionality and new functionalities in our site and services. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate business interests.
- Marketing, including sending you e-mails and other communications about MRP marketing, advertising and promotions in accordance with any marketing preferences; sending you e-mails and other communications about job postings that we think fit your profile; notifying you about events, surveys, workshops and training sessions run by MRP; and providing other targeted or interest-based advertising within our site and elsewhere, each as permitted by law. The legal basis for this processing is your consent or our legitimate interests, as applicable.
- Personalization, such as displaying content, features, or other services to you that we think may be in your interest (such as job postings that may fit your interests). The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate business interests.
- Organizing, hosting, or otherwise participating in events. The legal basis for this processing is generally our performance of a contract with you, as well as our legitimate business interests.
- To protect the health, safety, welfare, rights, or interests of you, us, any third party, or the general public; to protect the safety and integrity of our site or services, troubleshoot issues, and detect, investigate, and prevent errors, fraudulent activity, security threats, or other potentially wrongful, harmful, or illegal activity. The legal bases for this processing are our compliance with law, the protection of individuals’ vital interests, and the legitimate interests of us or of third parties, as applicable.
- To comply with any requirement of laws, rules, regulations, legal process, or governmental requests; to comply with human resources requirements, our policies, internal investigations, or prudent business or security practices; or in connection with our establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims. The legal bases for this processing are our compliance with law and the legitimate interests of us or of third parties, as applicable.
3. Sharing of Personal Information
We may share personal information information for any purpose described in Section 3 above (“Use of Personal Information – Our Purposes and Legal Bases”), or for any other purpose that has been notified to you or to which you have consented. This generally includes sharing information with the following categories of recipients:
- Within the MRP family of companies. MRP may disclose your personal information to any member of the MRP companies for use in accordance with this Privacy Statement. This includes our subsidiaries, affiliates and our ultimate holding company.
This sharing of personal information with MRP affiliates may include combining the personal information gathered by certain MRP websites with information independently gathered on other MRP websites into one or more database(s) useable by MRP, including all its affiliates. This combined information will be used for the purposes disclosed within this Privacy Statement.
- MRP customers. We may share personal information with MRP customers, which are generally potential employers, or companies we believe may have an interest in hiring or contracting with you.
- As you direct. Our site may enable you to apply for positions with MRP customers or other entities. If you apply for these positions, you direct MRP to share your information with the entity(ies) that are offering the position.
- Service providers and business partners. We use third party service providers to assist us in providing our website(s) and services, including to support us in areas such as recruiting and reviewing responses to job advertisements, managing resume/CV data, IT platform management or support services, infrastructure and application services, marketing, data analytics, drug and background screening, payroll processing services, and health care benefits. In providing these services to MRP, we may provide these third parties access to personal information or to process personal information on our behalf.
- Event-related sharing: If you register for an event we organize, we may share your personal information in connection with enabling your participation in the event, such as (for instance) by sharing your name with the facility where the event is occurring. Your information may, as permitted by law, be shared with other event participants.
- Message boards. MRP may make message boards, news groups, and/or public forums available to users on its websites. Any information that you disclose in these areas becomes public information that may be accessed by third parties; therefore, you should use caution before deciding to disclose any personal information in these forums.
- Business transactions. Circumstances may arise where MRP decides to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize businesses. Such a transaction may involve, in accordance with applicable law, the disclosure of personal information, such as to prospective or actual purchasers, or the receipt of it from sellers. We may share personal information with another business in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale of our business or assets.
- Compliance- and security-related sharing. We may share personal information to comply with laws, rules, regulations, legal process, or governmental requests. As examples, we may respond to subpoenas, court orders, or law enforcement requests by disclosing your personal information and other related information. We also may disclose your personal information to third parties to establish or exercise legal rights or interests, or defend against legal claims. We may share personal information and any other additional information available to us in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or wrongful activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the health, safety, rights, or interests of any person, violations of MRP’s policies or agreements with any person, or as otherwise required by law.
MRP has implemented measures to secure personal information we process. Please note, however, data that is transported over an open network, such as the Internet or e-mail, may be accessible to others. When disclosing any personal information via an open network, you should remain mindful of the fact that it is potentially accessible to others, and consequently, can be acquired and used by others without your authorization. We cannot guarantee the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted via such open networks. Please use other means of communication if you think this is necessary or prudent for security reasons.
5. Cookie Notice
MRP sites may use the following types of cookies: (a) essential or strictly necessary; (b) functional; (c) analytics cookies; and (d) marketing or advertising cookies.
Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://www.microsoft.com/info/cookies.htm
Mozilla Firefox: https://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/pki/psm/help_21/using_priv_help.html
Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416
Apple Safari: Blocks third-party cookies by default and accepts cookies only from your current domain. To change, click Safari, Preferences, Security, and choose your preference.
Also, if you want to opt-out from targeted advertising that may be affected or influenced by cookies placed via MRP websites, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ and https://optout.networkadvertising.org/.
6. Location of Processing; International Data Transfers
MRP’s websites are hosted in the United States; by accessing our sites, your personal information is directly collected within the United States. Also, MRP operates globally, with customers and recruits around the world. We may transfer personal information to MRP entities and third parties located in countries outside your country of residence. This may mean your personal information is collected in a country, or transferred to a country, that may not necessarily have data protection laws as comprehensive as those in your country or residence. If so, your personal information will be subject to the laws of the country in which it is collected and/or to which it is transferred.
7. Your Choices
If you have created an account on our websites, you log into your account at any time to access correct, or update, your information, or to delete your account.
Where it is in accordance with your marketing preferences, we may periodically send you updates via email about promotional opportunities or services we think may interest you, such as jobs in our database that match your selection criteria. Each notification will provide instructions on how to opt-out of receiving similar emails.
We generally retain personal information for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was collected or processed, as outlined in this Privacy Statement, and for any further periods permitted or required by applicable law. Please note that this means that, in some cases, we may be required to retain personal information after the end of our direct relationship with you. If you have questions about the period for which data may be retained, contact us as set forth in the section “Contact Us” below.
9. Sites Not Intended for Minors
Our sites are not intended for use by children under the age of 18. MRP does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 18, we will delete that data from our systems.
10. Links to Other Sites and Public Forums
11. Additional Notice for EU and UK Residents
If you reside in the EU, the controller of your personal information is Motion Recruitment Partners Ltd (Ireland), 3rd Floor, Kilmore House, Park Land Spencer Dock, Dublin 1, Ireland.
If you reside in the UK, the controller of your personal information is Motion Recruitment Partners Ltd (UK), Vantage Point House, Silverhills Road, Decoy Industrial Estate, Newton Abbott, TQ12 5ND.
EU and UK residents have the following rights in respect to personal information held by us as a data controller:
- The right to request access to their personal information and, in certain circumstances, the right to data portability.
- The right to request that we rectify personal information submitted to us or, where appropriate, contact us via the relevant website registration page or by amending the personal details held on relevant applications with which they registered.
- The right to request that we erase personal information.
- Where we process personal data based on explicit consent we previously obtained from you, the right to withdraw such consent at any time by contacting us, or clicking on the unsubscribe link in an email received from us.
- The right to request we restrict our processing of personal information.
- The right to object to processing of personal information that is based on our legitimate business interests, based on
- Individuals may request information about, or human intervention into, any automated data processing that we may undertake.
To exercise any of these rights, please send an email to email@example.com. You can also submit a request on our MRP Help & Privacy page https://info.motionrecruitment.com/privacy/contact
12. Additional Notice for California Residents
This part of our Privacy Statement applies to individuals who reside in the State of California.
- Personal Information we Collect about California Residents. We describe the personal information we have collected about California residents in the last twelve (12) months in the part of this Privacy Notice titled “Collection of Personal Information.” The information we have collected includes the following:
- Personal information described in Cal. Civil Code Section 1798.80(e) (California’s Customer Records Statute)
- Commercial Information
- Internet or other electronic network activity information
- Characteristics of protected classifications
- Audio information (e.g. from calls placed with customer service centers)
- Sensitive personal information (such as certain demographic information or government-issued identifiers)
- Inferences drawn from any of the above-listed types of personal information
- We obtain the above categories of personal information from a variety of sources, which are described above in the section titled “Collection of Personal Information.”.
- Business Purposes for which we Use Personal Information. We use the personal information we collect for our operational purposes, including all purposes notified to you in “Use of Personal Information – Our Purposes and Legal Bases.” For clarity, our uses of personal information include all uses that constitute “business purposes” or “commercial purposes” under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
- Disclosures of Personal Information. Within the last 12 months, we have shared disclosed personal information in all or substantially all of the categories identified above for business purposes to the categories of third parties set forth in the above section titled “Sharing of Personal Information.”
MRP does not sell the personal information of individuals under 16, or share such personal information for cross-context behavioral advertising.
- California Privacy Rights. If you are a California resident, you have the following rights. We will honor requests received to the extent required by applicable law and within the time provided by law.
Right to Know / Right of Access: You have the right to know what personal information we have collected about you. You may request a copy of the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
Right of Correction: You have the right to correct personal information that we hold about you.
Right of Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete personal information that we have collected from you.
Right to Opt-Out: You can opt-out of sharing of personal information for cross-context behavioral advertising by visiting http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ and https://optout.networkadvertising.org/.
Right of Non-Discrimination: Subject to applicable law, we may not discriminate against you because of your exercise of any of the above rights, or any other rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act. We may, however, charge different prices or rates, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services, if that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to us by your personal information.
You can request to exercise rights to Know, Correct, or Delete by:
- Visiting the MRP Help & Privacy page https://info.motionrecruitment.com/privacy/contact
- Calling us at 866 833 6530.
- Agent Authorization. You may designate an authorized agent to request any of the above rights on your behalf. You may make such a designation by providing the agent with written permission, signed by you, to act on your behalf. Your agent may contact us as set forth in this Privacy Notice. Even if you choose to use an agent, as permitted by law, we may require verification of the agent’s authorization to act on your behalf, require you to confirm you have authorized the agent to act on your behalf, or require you to verify your own identity.
13. Additional Notice for Canadian Residents
This section only applies if you are in Canada. Under the Personal Information and Electronic Documents Act and related provincial legislation, you have the right, under certain circumstances, to (a) access personal information we hold about you, (b) contest the accuracy or completeness of personal information we hold about you, or (c) withdraw your consent to our collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information. Any such request must be in writing and provided to us at the email or postal addresses described in the “Contacting Us’ section below. Requests may also be subject to a statutory fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
14. Changes to this Privacy Statement
If we change our Privacy Statement, we will post the revised Privacy Statement here, with an updated revision date. We will update the “Effective Date” at the top of this page to indicate the date from which any changes take effect. Your continued use of any MRP website or MRP service will mean your acceptance of the revised Privacy Statement.
15. Contacting Us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or personal information, please contact: